Total Pageviews

2014/04/11

Chapter 8: Preparation in process (Part 1)

After an awful long time, here is the 8th chapter! *exhales* I'm so sorry! I'm now in 9th grade but don't worry, I'm more determined than ever now. And I will update all my novels. So now, See you next week! Hope you guys enjoy~ *scurries off*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

"That goes there and that goes way over there!" My index finger moved from one direction to another with the help of my arm. The class was bustling but I wasn't free to notice such a big thing. I was in my own world with my circle of friends and helpers. It was just the training for the big day but tension was quickly brewing. No one was off the duty list. Everyone had something or the other in their hands. If lunch break was announced, they would still continue with cookies or rice balls or chips or sandwiches in their mouths while trying to either paint or sew or write down or act to a play. Everyone was full. No one was free at anything and thus, our long preparation ordeal began.



"Leia! Take a break!" Aiden came in the range of my sight when I looked up from my notebook. My eyes twitched at his sudden suggestion since he knew well enough that once I start something serious, I'll only take a break after it is all done and not even a single morsel of it is left unchecked. 



"I'm quite surprised that you are asking me such an obvious question, Aiden." I said, my eyes narrowed which looked into his eyes with seriousness.



The boy rolled his eyes, his head going a bit back to add more emphasis to his actions. "Your point is?" Casual. Just the expected reply I wanted from him. Aiden was as sarcastic as I was. It wasn't a surprise that just hit me all of a sudden.



"You know what my point is. But I'll accept your kind offer." My eyes glanced down on my notebook but I had to leave it for a rough hour or so. I couldn't let myself faint due to the work overload. Closing the notebook, I kept it on the desk in front of me and walked towards the door of the class. The handle of the door seemed abnormally sticky. As if someone had put something on it. I pulled my hand away with a sudden jerk and with disgust in my eyes. The stickiness was still there and that is not my taste at all. I would be astonished if anyone ever liked their hands to be sticky.


"Sis? Something the matter?"


"Gah!! Don't surprise me like that!"


A familiar face appeared in front of the door with just a few feet difference between me and him. Evan just loves to scare the daylight out of me sometimes. He is usually 'the always able to notice' kind of guy but this time, that theory was proved wrong on the highest level.



He looked at me with eyes that were confused but demanding at the same time. "If nothing is wrong then go and have lunch. You look like a person who hasn't slept for a week!" He exclaimed. His hands at his shoulders length as he shook them to emphasize his point.


"Of course I would look like that Evan. I didn't sleep for a week so how wouldn't I look like that?" I said; my tone being louder and clearer than usual.


Evan raised an eye brow to my seemingly and scientifically impossible reply. His arms akimbo as he stood there with his skeptical glare.


"I don't bel--"

"You don't have to."

"But I didn't even comp--"

"Like I said, you don't have to."

"Let me just sa--"


"Evan. Can you do me a favor?" I asked; my head rose up as my aura changed. A couple of minutes ago, I was very serious since I really wanted to finish off my work. But now, I look like a sadistic person who feels like torturing someone and has finally found a pig to experiment to work on. Not that Evan looks like a pig in any way at all.



Evan shivered, literally. He tried, just tried, to escape my sadistic gaze which looked into his soul but unfortunately he couldn't and submitted to my authority of being the elder one. "Y-Yeah... what do you want..?" He asked, his eyes making an effort to look into my eyes but couldn't. He rolled his eyes elsewhere to escape my seemingly powerful glare (?).



"Go get me some food." Evan's right eyebrow rose up as his expression screamed 'the-hell?'. He wasn't expecting something as simple as going to get a sandwich for his sister as a punishment for what he had done in his previous life (That's what he thought.)



My expressions became fierce as an imaginary glint appeared in my right eye. "Are you going to go and get me my sandwich or should I give you something worse of a favor?" I said, or rather, commanded the already scared Evan to go do what I ordered him to do. I was already stressed out and the stress involved in getting my food by trying to defeat a mob is not my current cup of tea.


"Yes ma'am!!" Evan squeaked and disappeared within a split second, grabbing his wallet and running towards the usual lunch break rush mob. I sighed heavily and ruffled my messed up hair. Work was getting intense and everyone could feel the stress getting to them. The president of the student council also felt it. So much so that, he got insomnia a couple of days ago. I shook my head rather violently to get rid of my thoughts and concentrate on the piles of work that I had to do.


Unfortunately, that wasn't a very good idea. My hair got all over the place and that's not what I wanted at all. With my fingers, I slowly started to untangle my hair and comb them back into place. 'I need a hair tie to tie this in place...' I thought and looked around. I wasn't really aware of anything during the day, I was too preoccupied with other thoughts about the festival.


I shuffled from the place I stood time and time again, looking for a hair tie. As fate had it, no one was currently present in the once busy room which gave me extra work to do if I really wanted to tie my hair up. I kept my hair in position with my left hand after taking so much time in making a good hairstyle. My right hand kept searching for a hair tie.


"Hmm... Wait, do I smell... fire?" I said, turning behind to look at the situation. And good enough, there was fire in the room. How did it get there? I don't know. Why do I not know such an obvious thing happening? I was too busy looking for a hair tie dammit!

"How am I supposed to get out of here?!" The fire started spreading as the alarms went off, but poor me, I cannot even jump out the window. First of all, my class isn't on a floor in which I can safely jump out the window without being brutally killed by the forces of gravity. Second of all, I have to get all of the stuff we prepared for the festival out of here!

Heck, I can't even think of that! How on earth can I stop this wild fire? Many thoughts raced my mind and I was in complete chaos. As suddenly as this all started, it was all going to end. I could hear noises like something was breaking off from something. I looked towards the ceiling, and then, the ceiling was chipping off. It was almost about time before it collapsed. "Wha--... What am I supposed to do.. And why is the ceiling gonna collapse?!" I couldn't move nor do anything as time ticked one. But all I knew was that I didn't have enough time.


"LEIA!!"

"Wha?!"

The roof collapsed. No one was there in the upper floor. Everyone was outside, eating lunch. And inside, someone was in big trouble.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

What happened? Who called out to Leia?
Come back next week to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment