Total Pageviews

2014/10/04

Crystal Wings: Episode 4 - Friendly Reminder



"English"
"Japanese"
 "Through the phone"
Emphasis

---------------------------------------------------------------->

 ‘What does she mean…?’ It lingered, that single thought. My feet walked and carried the weight of my whole body as my thoughts wandered elsewhere. “Hey! Watch where you’re going!” A lady shouted at me as I bumped into her. “…Sorry.” My voice was soft and it hardly reached anyone’s ear drums except the lady’s who I bumped into. She scoffed at me and continued with her day. I knew where I was going, I was going home. I knew the way, I knew Christine wasn’t with me. I knew all that. Yet, I felt that I wasn’t even on that road as I walked back home, I felt like I was back at school, still thinking about the things Aria said.

And then suddenly, a familiar ringtone interrupted my thought train. I reached for my phone and saw who it was, it was Christine. ‘Oh yeah! I didn’t notify her…’ I thought, swiping the accept call button and enabling Christine to get through. “Hello? Maria?” Christine’s voice came through which calmed me down to some extent. Hearing her voice was comforting, except when she is really angry. All hell breaks loose if that ever happens, trust me. “Yeah. What is it?” I answered her, a smile across my face. “Everything alright? Are you going back home?” She asked. Was she always this caring or is my brain malfunctioning? “I’m fine. I’ll go back home by myself. You go have fun and come home later.” I said and started to walk again. I wouldn’t want to reach home late. I still have to do homework. “….Did you run into trouble with Aria?” She hit it. She literally hit the nail on the head. Is she some psychological mental archer? How is she THAT accurate? “N-Nothing like that. Don’t worry! Go have fun! Anyway, I have to go now. I’m hanging up.” I stuttered, didn’t I? I did. Like, a tiny bit. Dammit, she already knows, most probably. “Huh? Okay then. Bye.” Without asking further into the topic, the psychological mental archer black belt and I mutually hung up without making it too awkward for the both of us. 

After some time of walking, I raised my head up and saw the gate of my house. I was back. Opening the gates, closing them behind me, walking to the front porch and opening the door was all something I would do in a hurry so that I could get some rest. But I didn’t feel tired today. I closed the house door behind me and walked upstairs to my room, putting my bag on my bed and proceeding with my shower. ‘Shower first…’ I thought and removed my clothes and got into the shower. It’s pretty much the same thing all over the world; the same shower routine. After my shower, I stepped out of the steam filled bathroom and changed into my tank top and a pair of shorts.

‘Maybe I’ll go watch some T.V…’ With that thought, I used a clip and clipped my hair up and walked downstairs to the living room where we watch T.V. I’m not that familiar with the house but I am familiar with it to some extent. “Good thing we have a dish cable set instead of the ordinary cable set.” I said and flopped on my couch, grabbed the remotes, turned the T.V on and surfed through the channels. “I’ll watch whatever is on FOX for now.” I said to myself, selecting the mentioned channel and reclining in my seat, ready to watch.

Or so I thought.

My mind kept drifting to the school, when I stopped Aria and heard something I shouldn’t have. I don’t get why it bothers me to this extent when it normally shouldn’t. It’s normal to think that much about a single topic, right? Or am I just over thinking this? I don’t know what it is, but she really doesn’t give off a good vibe, well, at least at that time when she said that.

My eyes stared off into space. I was watching the T.V in front of me. Anyone would think so too. Yet, I wasn’t there. I was calculating how we ended up meeting each other in such bizarre situations. It almost seems too cliché to be just a measly coincidence. Right?

 
 Christine leaned against the wall behind the T.V, in complete view. However, I was not physically present in that room and even Christine knew about it. Wouldn’t a normal person stop day dreaming as soon as they heard some sounds like a person coming home or something? Well I obviously am not normal in that category. Christine rose an eyebrow and walked towards me after a few minutes of waiting for me and observing me. Like any normal person, she first tried the ‘wave-your-hand-infront-of-their-face’ method. She first waved her hand in front of my face in a slow pace and I gave a normal, ‘No I do not see your hand I’m still dreaming’ response. Then she proceeded with waving her hand furiously in front of my face and I rejected her again with a ‘What do you think I’m doing? Thinking? Day-dreaming? Nope. I’m day dreaming thinking.’ Christine, who was just plain-over the top-annoyed by that refusal, decided to use her ultimate weapon. Cracking her knuckles, she held my cheeks and with one go, stretched them.

“OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!” I sprang up from my reclining position to my normal sitting position which just made the stretching worse. “Awake at last?” Christine asked with a sarcastic tone that was so intentional. Whining, I responded with my cheeks still stretched. “Yes, Yes!! I’m abake, I’m abake!” Christine, having felt satisfied with the answer, let go of my poor and now swollen cheeks.

“What’s wrong? You clearly didn’t sound fine when I talked to you through the phone.” She asked. I knew she was going to ask. I never anticipated that she would ask that quickly. Damn she’s fast. “Nothing. It’s fine. Nothing to worry about.” I replied and turned around to look at Christine who stood behind the couch. “Are you sure?” She asked once again, her eyebrows slightly narrowed and her arms akimbo. “Yep.” I smiled back at her, not wanting her to worry over me just because I think too much. Christine stared at me for a while and then sighed, turning around and heading for the bathroom. “I’m gonna go take a shower.” She said and walked up to her room to get the clothes and head off to the bathroom. “Hmm.” I said in accordance to what Christine just said, agreeing to her. “I better go finish off my homework…! And I totally forgot about it!” I exclaimed, finally realizing that I did have some work to finish off. I ran to my room and started to write all the notes I missed plus the homeworks till date.

“Looks like Maria is doing her homework..” Christine said to herself as she walked outside of the bathroom, after her relaxing bath and continuing with her routine of cooking me dinner. Christine walked to the kitchen and decided to make some spaghetti with meat because, of course, I love it. Also because both of us were starving and that’s the only thing Christine could come up with on an empty stomach.

One hour later.

‘I smell it.’ My inner monster that absolutely loves spaghetti became alert. The smell of tomato sauce and hot spicy meat reached to the upper floor and through the key hole of my door that finally reached my nostrils. ‘Can it be…?’ I asked myself, the aroma is just like it but is it really…. Spaghetti? My anxious self finished the homework long ago and couldn’t concentrate on my studies anymore. And so was my stomach. My stomach let out a growl as I closed my text book and confirmed that it was dinner time. Like a hungry predator, I ran out and down the stairs to my dinner plate. “Is dinner ready?” I asked, peeping from the wall before the dining room. Christine, who noticed the weird behavior, chuckled and nodded. “Yep. The plates and everything is set up. Go wash your hands before you eat.” She said with a smile. Yup, that’s it. Spaghetti, here I come!! ….that is, after I wash my hands. I walked over to the sink and washed my hands in a rush before sitting down at the table. “Thank you for the food!” I said and dug right in like a hungry lion. “Where did you learn that from?” Christine asked suddenly, pointing out to my saying before I started my meal. “Oh, that? Our friends said that before they started eating so I thought it was a pretty good thing to do and did so myself.” I responded with muffles and spaghetti in between some words. “Is that so..” Christine said and started to eat. She might have told the same saying in her mind but how would I ever know what does on in that brain of hers.

“You know…” Christine suddenly started, making me confused and thus giving a muffled reply, “Yeph?” “I’m always there for you. If you need anything, you don’t have to hesitate. I don’t insist you to tell me immediately. Tell me when you get the courage to or when you feel you have enough faith in me. Either way, I won’t brush you off no matter what. Alright?” She said, looking up from her plate and into my eyes. I stared back, naturally. However, I gave off a chuckle after a while. “I know, dummy. Don’t worry about it~” I said casually, waving my hand and reassuring her that it was no big deal. But don’t get me wrong, I did take her words seriously. Christine, in turn, gave off a tiny laugh and continued with her eating. After a while, we both were done and our stomachs were happy and full.

“Maria, It’s your turn to wash the dishes.” Christine said and gave me a ‘you-know-you-aren’t-getting-away-this-time’ look to which my face just became slightly pale. “….fine.” I accepted the task and walked to the kitchen with short strides and a pouty face. “I’ll go do my homework till then.” Christine said and walked away to her room, leaving poor me with the dishes.

After all the dishes were done, it was time to go to sleep. It was around 10 PM and I could literally feel my body just falling asleep while I was washing the dishes. “Maria, it’s time to go to sleep!” Christine called out to me which seemed all too obvious to be true. “Yeah Yeah. I’m turning the lights and T.V off, just wait.” I replied and proceeded to turning the lights and applications in the ground floor off. I left the A.C on so it wouldn’t feel really humid the very next day. As I climbed the stairs and walked to my room, I saw Christine leaning on the wall next to her room. “You better wake up the next morning or else I’ll make you do the ALS Ice bucket challenge without you needing to accept it.” She said as her arms akimbo. Wow, either she is joking or she’s really serious because her expressions tell me that it’s in between the two assumptions I made. “Yes Ma’am..” I said and walked away to sleep and so did Christine. Thus, the two of us ended that night with us going to sleep, tired and ready for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment